COVID-19 – Changes to help keep you safe during your appointment
At New Day Osteopathy your care and safety is extremely important to us. From Monday 19 July Covid-19 restrictions in England will end in many settings. However, Public Health England’s (PHE) infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance are set to remain in place for all staff and visitors. We continue to follow the guidance from PHE as well as the General Osteopathic Council and the Institute of Osteopathy.
This means that face masks will still be compulsory for all patients visiting the clinic. If you are medically exempt you must ring the clinic before you book an appointment.
The following additional measures will also stay in place:
- Pre-screening calls/texts made to all patients before face-to-face appointments
- 10-15 minute gaps between patients to allow for sanitisation and aeration of the treatment room
- Full sanitisation of the treatment room in between appointments (hard surfaces, treatment bed, equipment, door handles) with 70% alcohol disinfectants
- Disposable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by your Osteopath during your appointment (gloves, mask, apron and visor when required)
- Full Covid-19 vaccination of your Osteopath
- Removal of all couch covers, towels and blankets from the clinic – replaced with wipeable PVC pillow cases and couch covers
- Masks/face coverings to be worn by patients unless medically exempt
- Social distancing measures put in place where possible during consultation/time in the clinic
- Video consultations offered for people self-isolating or unable to leave their home
YOUR APPOINTMENT – IMPORTANT
If you have been offered a face-to-face osteopathic appointment (following the pre-screening call) it is extremely important that you do not attend if :
- You are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including a high temperature, a new, continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, or/and
- You have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the last 14 days
Please could you also ensure that:
- You do not turn up early or late for your appointment as there will be no waiting room facilities
- You bring your own towel if you would like to be covered during your treatment
- Leave as many personal items as you can at home (e.g.bags, outer clothing)
- You use the face mask provided by the clinic rather than your own
- You do not bring a companion unless discussed beforehand
- Follow the new signage regarding how to enter the clinic (via front door on Towngate)
- You use the bathroom at home before your appointment to avoid needing to use the clinic facilities
- Sanitise with hand gel provided on arrival at the clinic
Thank you for your support. Your care and safety in this time of uncertainty, is our utmost priority – and every step we have taken has been done with this in mind.
If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Registered Osteopath, Geraldine Morgan-Fahy on 07968 496723.